CAN I STOP BEING IN THE RESEARCH STUDY AND WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
- You have the right to choose not to sign the consent associated with this study. If you decide not to sign, you cannot participate in this research study.
- If you choose to not participate, or if you withdraw from this research study, your decision will not affect your present or future care and will not cause any penalty or loss of benefits to which you are otherwise entitled.
- You can stop being in the research study at any time. Leaving the research study will not affect your medical care. You can still get your medical care from your hospital or physician.
- You have the right to withdraw your permission for the research doctors and participating DF/HCC entities to use or share your protected health information. We will not be able to withdraw all the information that already has been used or shared with others to carry out related activities such as oversight, or that is needed to ensure quality of the study. To withdraw your permission, you must do so in writing by contacting the research Investigator or study staff listed on the "Contact Us" page.
- You have the right to request access to your protected health information that is used or shared during this research and that is related to your treatment or payment for your treatment, but you may access this information only after the study is completed. To request this information, please contact the researcher listed above.